Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Walgreens Deal August 3-9, 2008

So in Sunday's (8/3) newspaper, there is a $10 MIR for buying 10 Kellogg's products specifically listed on the form (and MCs for these very products surrounding the MIR form). All 10 products must be on the same receipt. The most profitable way to take advantage is to go to Walgreens and buy 4/$10 Kellogg's cereal listed in the ad, then 5/$10 keebler cookies, rice krispie treats, etc. on the second page of the ad. With both deals, you get a $5 Register Reward (RR) to be used as cash toward your next Walgreens purchase. Depending on your MCs, you can get all 10 items for free, or even make money once you send in the $10 rebate.
Here is what I did:
2 Raisin Bran ($1 off 2 MC)
2 Fruit Loops ($1 off 2 MC)
4 Keebler cookies (two $1 off 2 MC)
1 Cheez it crackers
1 Rice Krispie Treat

So with my $4 MC savings, I paid $18 plus tax at the register, received $10 toward my next Walgreens purchase in RR, and will get $10 back by MIR. I MADE $2!!

HINT: if you only have access to one set of newpaper inserts (I have two, thus why I had two Keebler coupons), get 2 boxes of Rice Krispie Treats in exchange for two of my Keebler cookies and use $1 off 2 MC for my same deal.

The only downer with this deal is that you have to send in all the UPCs from your 10 products. I have had problems remembering this in the past and thrown away packages. I recommend getting them all up front, even if this means putting products in plastic bags.

No comments: